Beginning September 1, 2018, bankruptcy attorneys will be required to electronically file the Declaration Re: Electronic Filing form under seal.
How to file the new form in the new event under seal in CM/ECF on or after September 1, 2018:
- Log in to CM/ECF: https://ecf.ksb.uscourts.gov/
- Click on Bankruptcy in the blue banner menu
- Click on Other in the Bankruptcy Events menu
- Type in the Case Number
- Select Declaration Re: Electronic Filing (LBR 1007.1(a)(2)(D))
- Attach a completed new Declaration Re: Electronic Filing form when prompted
- Follow other prompts to complete the filing
NOTE: Filing a separate Motion to Seal is not necessary.
Use the new event Bankruptcy > Other > Declaration Re: Electronic Filing (LBR 1007.1(a)(2)(D)) only. Using any other event to file this form will not file it under seal.
Upon filing, the sealed document is viewable only by the filing attorney and the court.
This event is used to file an Original or an Amended Declaration.
To review the event or practice filing the form, go to the Training database in CM/ECF:
Use the same login and password you use to access live CM/ECF.