Transfer of Claim     Modified 04/07/2004




A Transfer of Claim is usually filed to provide notice that the rights to a Proof of Claim have been transferred from the creditor (transferor) to a different creditor (transferee).


See Fed. R. Bankr. P. 3001




        1. Select Bankruptcy

        2. Select Claim Actions

        3. Enter case number and click Next

        4. Verify correct case number and caption

        5. Select Transfer of  Claim

        1. Indicate if this is a joint filing with another attorney(s)

        2. Select Additional attorneys if appropriate

        1. Select Party or Add/Create Party

          • The Party Attorney Association screen may display.  Indicate the party you represent.

        1. Browse, verify and attach the Motion/Application (pdf file)  

          • Attach supporting documents, if applicable.

        1. Indicate the Transfer Type by clicking the radio button next to the appropriate choice.

        2. Enter the Transferred To, Transferred From, Claim Number, and Amount field(s)  and click Next.

        3. Modify docket text as appropriate


WARNING: Verify filing entry information is correct before submitting the Final Docket Text.


        1. Save the Notice of Electronic Filing.