Motion to Extend/Shorten Time    Modified 03/15/2004




A Motion to Extend/Shorten Time  is filed when the movants seek a court order to permit either extension or reduction of a specific rule-related deadline.  The court may extend or shorten time periods as allowed by Bankruptcy Rules.





        1. Select Bankruptcy

        2. Select Motions/Applications

        3. Enter case number and click Next

        4. Verify correct case number and caption

        5. Select Extend/Shorten Time

        1. Indicate if this is a joint filing with another attorney(s)

        2. Select Additional attorneys if appropriate

        1. Select Party or Add/Create Party

          • The Party Attorney Association screen may display.  Indicate the party you represent.

        1. Browse, verify and attach the Motion/Application (pdf file)  

          • Attach supporting documents, if applicable.

        1. Enter Purpose of motion and To Do What and click Next

        2. Click checkbox if Refer to existing event(s) and click Next

        3. Select the Type of event the motion refers to

        4. Select the appropriate event(s) to which your event relates.

        5. Certificate of Service Included?

        6. Specify and click Next

        1. Modify docket text as appropriate


WARNING: Verify filing entry information is correct before submitting the Final Docket Text.


        1. Save the Notice of Electronic Filing.