Motion to Dismiss Party    Modified 03/15/2004




A Motion to Dismiss Party is filed when the court is requested to dismiss one or more parties from a bankruptcy case or adversary proceeding.


WARNING: If a co-debtor is requesting to be dismissed from the bankruptcy case, the Motion should be processed as a Motion to Deconsolidate.





        1. Select Bankruptcy

        2. Select Motions/Applications

        3. Enter case number and click Next

        4. Verify correct case number and caption

        5. Select Dismiss Party

        1. Indicate if this is a joint filing with another attorney(s)

        2. Select Additional attorneys if appropriate

        1. Select Party or Add/Create Party

          • The Party Attorney Association screen may display.  Indicate the party you represent.

        1. Browse, verify and attach the Motion/Application (pdf file)  

          • Attach supporting documents, if applicable.

        1. Enter Party to Dismiss  and click Next

        2. Certificate of Service Included?

        3. Specify and click Next

        1. Modify docket text as appropriate


WARNING: Verify filing entry information is correct before submitting the Final Docket Text.


        1. Save the Notice of Electronic Filing.