Motion to Convert Chapter 12 Case to Chapter 7     Modified 01/26/2007




A Motion to Convert Chapter 12 Case to Chapter 7 is filed when the movant seeks to have a Bankruptcy Case, filed in Chapter 12, converted to Chapter 7.  This event should not be used when the debtor is seeking a Voluntary Conversion to Chapter 7 pursuant to the Code.






        1. Select Bankruptcy

        2. Select Motions/Applications

        3. Enter case number and click Next

        4. Verify correct case number and caption

        5. Select Convert Chapter 12 Case to Chapter 7

        1. Indicate if this is a joint filing with another attorney(s)

        2. Select Additional attorneys if appropriate

        1. Select Party or Add/Create Party

          • The Party Attorney Association screen may display.  Indicate the party you represent.

        1. Browse, verify and attach the Motion/Application (pdf file)  

          • Attach supporting documents, if applicable.

        1. Is this exempt of deferred from payment of filing fees pursuant to 28 U.S.C. 1930 (y/n)?  Specify and click Next

        2. If not exempt or deferred, leave Receipt # field blank for credit card payment

        3. Certificate of Service Included?

        4. Specify and click Next

        1. Modify docket text as appropriate


WARNING: Verify filing entry information is correct before submitting the Final Docket Text.


        1. Save the Notice of Electronic Filing.